Monday, January 29, 2018

Jan. 21- Jan. 29

 Title: Wild Geese
Designer: Jim Killen Sunset Cross Stitch Kit
Fabric: Dove Grey Aida 16 ct.



I am really liking the depth which is showing on this piece. The trees in the background compared to the birds is pretty cool. It is done by using a different number of strands and both full and half stitches.



 Title: Starrett House
Designer: Nancy Spruance Designs
Fabric: White Aida 14 ct
.


I am enjoying how clean the stitches feel on this one. I think it might be because it has been awhile since I have used this large of a count. Everything feels smooth as I stitch it.






Title: A Thousand Nights

Author: E. K. Johnston

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Fariytales

Published: Oct. 6, 2015

Lo-Melkhiin goes from each village in his realm and chooses a wife. Once that wife dies he moves onto the next. After three hundred wives the main character's village was next. She knew he would choose her sister, so before that could happen she volunteered. 

I liked how she knew what was supposed to happen to her, but despite going for her sister she wasn't just going to lay down and die. She wanted to last as long as she could so the next would have more time. I liked how her family also knew what was supposed to happen to her, but they didn't just write her off as dead until they heard it had actually happened.

Overall I gave this book 4 stars out of five.




No comments:

Post a Comment