Saturday, August 1, 2015

Restaurant at the End of the Universe






















Title: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy #2)

Author: Douglas Adams

Genre: Science Fiction, Humor

Published: November 1995 (first published 1980)

The second book started with the two humans, the ex-president of the galaxy, an android and the hitchhiker facing certain annihilation and the story just snowballed from there.

I feel the need to say the first book was better, but did enjoy this one enough to continue reading the series. My biggest hang up I think was spending so much time with Zaphod Beeblebrox. Other than Marvin and his depressing diatribes the other characters didn’t actually have a lot to do within the story. I believe most of the scenes with them they were almost forgettable.

The book still had the humor and the situations the characters found themselves in were somewhat off the wall. I did enjoy the man who ruled the universe. I could see how someone like him would be a good choice. Even if he was aware of who he really was it wouldn’t change his actions or how he perceived things. It was also fun having Zaphod encounter someone so far outside his actual experience.

I look forward to the third book. Overall I gave this book 4 stars out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment