Thursday, September 17, 2015

Monday Mourning






















Title: Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan #7)

Author: Kathy Reichs

Genre: Mystery, TV

Published: June 1, 2005

Brennan was called in when three skeletons were found in a basement. The cop assigned to the investigation believed the three were from a century ago and was not in a rush to find out what had happened to them. Brennan was also having relationship issues with Ryan.

I will admit this book took me longer to read than it should have. I will also admit for a good portion of the book I was jealous of the characters who were in Montreal, in December, during a blizzard. I read most of the book during the summer when we were excited whenever the temperature got below 95. There were times I felt some serious envy.

I have asked myself again and again why I keep reading this series. I am not completely wild about Tempe’s character. I am annoyed she feels the need to pester the other characters into doing their jobs. Either they are not doing their jobs, they don’t agree with her how their jobs should be done, or they just haven’t gotten to it yet. My biggest problem with these books how Brennan makes the same mistake in almost every one. At some point in the story she goes off with a vague idea of what she is doing and without telling anyone where she is going, then she gets into horrendous trouble and the audience is supposed to be surprised. I have got to tell you I haven’t been surprised yet.

I think I keep coming back because I do like the character of Ryan. I have had fun watching their relationship. I really think they should work on their communication skills, but I have enjoyed where their characters have been going with each other.

Overall I give this book 3 stars out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment